Chicks and Mortar Visits Springfield
Queensland bought out its finest weather for our Springfield Bus Trip. With the sun shining brightly 20 of us headed out for a day jam packed full of property information and property viewing, but not before we received a call from Maha Sinnathamby himself wishing us a good day.
Upon arrival in Springfield the ladies had a short stop over at Orion Shopping Precinct, to grab a quick coffee and get a feel of this fast growing precinct. Did you know that Orion Springfield is one of the world’s most sustainable shopping centers and boasts a 6 star energy rating?
It was then onto Springfield Tower to see the true vision for the area. As Springfield is currently only a fraction of what it will be (currently only 13% complete), it was a real eye opener for some of us (ok most of us) to see how this city will unfold. Currently over 400 people are moving into Springfield every day and will grow to be home to over 100,000 residents…It will literally be as big as Darwin!
It was then onto a tour of the area…Education City…Health City…and various estates. With the average lot size of 370m², Springfield is home to array of housing types to your typical 4 bed/2 bath on a block, to relaying terrace houses and units. We were given the chance to view it all, along with property and land inspections, and some very appealing deals.
Followed on was a very relaxing lunch at Brookwater Golf Club where we had to chance to network and recap.
For anyone who hasn’t had a chance to visit Greater Springfield, It should definitely be on your list of things to do. Investing in Springfield should be second on your list and aspiring to a vision as big as Maha Sinnathamby’s should be a close third. Go out a see for yourself what can be created from a dream and some persistence.
More Springfield Facts:
- Greater Springfield is made up of 2860 hectares.
- Springfield is Australia’s first privately built city and the largest planned community in the country.
- Named the World’s Best Master Planned Community in 2010.
- Maha Sinnathamby was in his 50’s when he first bought the land for Springfield in 1992.
- Orion Shopping Precinct will cover 170,000m² when complete making it to the second biggest shopping centre in the world.
- The railway station at Springfield Central when complete will be twice the size of the station in Brisbane and 1.5 time bigger than Melbourne’s.
- Greater Springfield consists of six suburbs – Springfield, Springfield Central, Springfield Lakes, Augustine Heights, Brookwater & Spring Mountain.