When it comes time to sell your home it can quickly become overwhelming. But once you have made the decision to sell, you want to be able to sell it as quickly as possible for the best possible value. The key to achieving both a quick sale and a premium price comes down to several factors, one of which is how the property is presented.
Showcasing your home to the best it can be will absolutely help when it comes to sale day. You want people falling in love the moment they walk through the door, and to do that you need to capture their attention immediately and for all the right reasons.
Here are 5 quick and easy styling tips that will hep sell your home faster:
1. Declutter – Too much clutter definitely lets down your property on sale day. Take some time to clear away ornaments, furniture and other household items. You don’t want buyers looking at your items, you want them to be looking at the potential of you home, and that potential includes space. Be ruthless, pair it right back. Take out at least half the items in all your cupboards and draws. This will give the impression of more storage, and more storage is always gets a big tick.
2. Neutralise – You may love Turquoise and Gold together but not everyone will. If you want to sell your home faster, you want to be appealing to a wider range of people and to do that you need to stick with neutral tones and colours. Buyers are coming to your home wanting to imagine themselves and their belongings in your home, and it’s easier to do this with a neutral palette.
3. Flow – Again, buyers love lots of space and you want to maximise the appearance of space and show the buyer that there is a good flow to your home. Don’t have excess furniture or overly large dark furniture that overpowers the room. Keep it simple and any furniture that makes it hard to move around and between rooms.
4. Light – The next best thing to having space is having light. Natural light and lots of it. You want to maximise the light in the home by opening up your windows as much as you can. Remove any dark and heavy drapes. Use glass tables or strategically placed mirrors to enhance the natural light in the home.
5. Curb Appeal – Pay particular attention to the front of your house and your entrance. Most buyers have already made up their mind about your property within the first 30 seconds. You only get one chance to make a good first impression. Spend some time tidying up the yard, painting the front door and working on making your home feel inviting starting from the curb.
Remember, you want buyers to fall in love with your property on first glance. Appeal to their emotions and you will have your property sold in no time.
Until next time…
Chicks and Mortar – Women in Property